Friday, June 17, 2011

Pregnancy Journey
  • Dec 15-16: Faint positive
  • Dec 17 digital confirms positive also doctor's office confirms
  • Jan 4th: orientation for  mothers basically filling out paper work and we get a lot of information.
  • Jan 11th: dating ultrasound measuring at 6weeks and 1 day. EDD August 29, 2011 also spoke with the doctor. Prescribed me prometrium. In the future possibility of a TAC or TVC and will be going on p17 shots starting week 16. Referral to MFM for assessment for TAC or TVC.
  • Jan 26: MFM did not recommend either one however whatever I felt comfortable with was fine.
  • February 9: Monthly appointment and referral to a MFM for NT Scan. 
  • Feb 17: NT scan and saw the baby's heartbeat! Got more pictures.
  • Feb 21: Got a call for my surgery set on Feb 24 signed papers.
  • Feb 24: Surgery day. Had a spinal block took 6 tries :( Everything went fine. Started around 10:45am and finished around 11:30am Spotting for a few days. Took longer for my anesthesia to wear off. I didn't get to my room until 1:30pm.
  • Feb 28: 14 weeks!!!!! Hello 2nd trimester.
  • Mar 3: Followup - Sucked I felt like I was rushed. They didn't even know why they were seeing me even after I told the receptionist(when I made the appointment) and the nurse that it was a follow-up and I wanted to know my results of my NT scan. I felt like she didn't even read my NT scan results. Also had a urine test came back I had UTI.
  • Mar 7: Picked up my meds for my UTI.
  • Mar 8: I started to spot in the morning. I called on-call doctor and she said to come in. Doctor checked me out everything was okay. Felt better!
  • Mar 15: Had a cervical length check I have to come in every 2weeks. Cervical length is fine but the doctor informed me that I have placenta previa. Also the tech is guessing the baby is a boy! I just want the baby to be healthy and in my arms come August. I also start my P17 shots weekly. That medicine is super thick!
  • Mar 22 P17 shot
  • Mar 29 I started to bleed heavily in the morning around 8:50 am. We thought we were going to lose the baby. We went to the ER hoping and praying the baby is okay. I had an ultrasound baby is alive with a strong heartbeat! I was then moved upstairs to L&D. I had a catheter inserted. Had light bleeding. I was at the hospital until March 31st. I had my p 17 shot on March 30 at the hospital.
  • April 6: P17 shot & followup with Dr. Dacus
  • April 7 I started to bleed in the afternoon went to Season's Dr. Day examined me and told me to head to L&D. Also bled April 9&10. I had an ultrasound on April 11. Anatomy another guess of a baby boy! I was discharged April 12 and received my P17 shot that day.
  • April 18: Monthly visit, cervical length, anatomy scan, and shot. Baby boy and everything looks good!
  • April 21: Saw the MFM for another ultrasound to check cervical length, uterine flow, and amniotic fluid. One side of my uterine flow is optimal and other side not working so good. MFM suspects it is not optimal because I bled two times. MFM is hoping it will repair itself and will see him in a month.
  • April 26: Shot and bloodwork.
  • May 4: Shot, cervical length, and talked to Dr. Molly. She said that she is recommended me to get steroid shot next week. I will receive 2 courses.
  • May 9: 24 weeks VIABLE DAY!!!!!!
  • May 11: Steroid shot and P17 shot, talked to Dr. Molly.
  • May 12: Last steroid course but had to get it to the hospital. 
  • May 18: Dr. appointment and cervical length check. Baby Andrew is measuring 1 week ahead and weighs almost 2lbs.
  • May 19: MFM appointment. Uterine artery flow is great and fluid is great too!
  • May 21: 100 days! Bought stuff at Babies R Us and later on that day I started to bleed again. Admitted to Trident later on moved to MUSC. Started on Magnesium Sulfate for 12 hours.
  • May 22: moved to ante partum.
  • May 23: I may have placenta accreta. Meaning the placenta has been embedded to deeply.
  • May 24: I have a 10% chance of having accreta and it will be a possible hysterectomy if I do have it.
  • May 26: Possible MRI but none was scheduled.
  • May 30: PICC line is scheduled tomorrow after more failed needle sticks.
  • May 31: New attending change all the plans the previous doctor made. NST only on Tuesdays, urine test every Monday, and possibility of going home.
  • June 2: After being poked 30 plus times my OB finally agreed to a PICC line.
  • June 3: I failed my 3 hour glucose test.
  • June 4: At 430 am I was rushed to L&D for more bleeding. Stayed for observation and we are stable!
  • June 6: YAY 3rd trimester reached another milestone wohooo!
  • June 9: Ultrasound Andrew estimated weight at almost 3lbs! Looks great.
  • June 13: 29 weeks! wohoooo.
  • June 19: Membranes ruptured going to L&D again... Started on magnesium sulfate, antibiotics, insulin drip, and another shot of steroids.
  • June 20: 30 weeks OMG YES! Back to ante partum.
  • June 24: Doctors decided that I will have a scheduled c-section at 32 weeks. Dates we can choose 6th 7th or 8th. Decided on 7-7-2011
  • June 27: 31 weeks. 10 DAYS left YIKES!!!!
  • July 2: Big brother Ryan's angel birthday.
  • July 2: Contractions started around 7am and started to get more intense. CNA noticed I was different and called my nurse. I don't complain about pain much but this time she knew I looked and felt different. I was put on the monitor and had contractions every 9 minutes. Next hour it was 4-5 minutes apart! I am whisked away to L&D. More monitoring and I was started on IV fluids, insulin drip and antibiotics. 5 doctors came in around 10 am and had an ultrasound to figure how to do my incision, they decided on a vertical incision. I was in the OR by 12:45 and started prepping me for my spinal block and Steve came in at around 1pm. Surgery started and by 1:23pm Andrew is born! We heard him cry but did not see him. After he was cleaned up Steve was able to see him while they were sewing me up! He is 4lbs 8oz and 17 inches long!

      No comments:

      Post a Comment